Hebron Track & Field
"Racing teaches us to challenge ourselves. It teaches us to push beyond where we thought we could go. It helps us to find out what we are made of. This is what we do. This is what it's all about."
Our Hawk athletes had a great two days at the Area Meet at Keller High School and we have lots of kids advancing to Regionals this week!
Congratulations to our Varsity athletes that made it out of Area and on to the Region competition. This includes:
- Drew Cummings in the 800M
- Anna Elkin in the 1600M & 3200M
- Riley Ellis in High Jump
- Nick Kelley in 200M
- Conner Miller in the 1600M & 3200M
- Antonio Montez in Shot Put and Discus
- Kamille Robinzine, Caila Williams, Kaelan Travis & Peyton Ricks in the Girls 4x100
- Andie Brown, Caila Williams, Kaelan Travis & Peyton Ricks in the Girls 4x200
- Nicolas Kelley, Evan Powell, Derian Vaughn & Riley Ellis in the Boys 4x200
New school records were set at the Area Meet last week. They are Peyton Ricks in the 100 meters with a time of 12.05; Antonio Montez in Shot Put with a throwing distance of 56’6.5” and Nick Kelly in the 200 meters with a time of 21.54. Nick actually placed 5th at District but another runner was hurt and had to pull out of the Area race giving Nick the opportunity to run. Nick ended up getting 2nd place and also set a new school record! Way to go Hawks!
Congratulations to all of our runners that made it out of a very tough District to run at the Area Meet! You can see a full list of results for all of our Hebron runners here.
2016 Hebron Track & Field School Records
- In the Dual Meet vs The Colony on 2-11-16, Anna Elkin set a new record in the Girls 800 meter race with a time of 2:15.10.
- Anna Elkin also broke her own 3200M school record at the District Meet with a time of 10:32.83.
- Olivia Winterkamp broke her school record at the District in the Girls Pole Vault with a height of 11’2”.
- At the Frisco Meet on 2/20/16 the Girls 4x100 meter relay with team members Maya Manjane, Calia Williams, Kaelan Travis and Peyton Ricks set a new school record with a time of 47.69.
For a complete list of the UIL 6A Area 5 / 6 Meet Results go to
Area 6 - 6A Results
-PattiSue Plumer, U.S. Olympian